[Openstack-sigs] [meta] Initial working groups to convert to SIGs

lebre.adrien at free.fr lebre.adrien at free.fr
Sat Jul 29 11:03:46 UTC 2017

----- Mail original -----

After spending a few cycles through these different WGs (in addition to the FEMDC that I'm co-chairing, I have been trying to follow the actions performed in the Telco/NFV WG and Large deployment Team), I'm not sure whether each of them should be turned into a specific SIG.
The main issue we are all facing is the number of contributors who can allocate sufficient amount of time to make things progressing. Because of such issue, there is for instance an on-going discussion between LCOO folks and Curtis (chair of the Telco/NFV in CC) to integrate NFV/Telco discussions under the umbrella of the LCOO WG (If I'm correct this is the second try for the Telco/NFV WG and despite the relevance of such a WG, contributors still did not come :().

More generally, I think there is a lot of overlapping challenges between WGs. According to what I understood from the SIG proposal, it would probably make sense to try to identify those overlapping challenges and create SIGs accordingly (NFV use-cases involved generally several sites/DCs which leads to the need of operating distributed cloud infrastructures, Deploying/operating a large cloud systems require mechanisms/features that scale well, those mechanisms can be suited also for FEMDC infrastructures and reciprocally...).

My two cents,
ad_rien_