[Openstack-sigs] [meta] Initial working groups to convert to SIGs

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Jul 28 17:28:32 UTC 2017

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> On the upstream working groups side, the most obvious target is the API
> Working Group, if only because it was listed both as a UC working group
> and an upstream working group over time. The Stewardship working group
> is also a great target (since it's far from being limited to improving
> technical governance), but it's currently inactive. The Deployment
> working group might make a good target as well, but I want to discuss
> status with Emilien first.

I can't speak for the other two cores (but will bring it up at the
next meeting) but I think from the api-wg's standpoint becoming a SIG
would be fine. I think it would allow us to continue the core
activity of making guidelines while supporting a wider audience of
people are specially interested in OpenStack APIs.

What, besides a name adjustment, would it mean from a practical
standpoint? Would we still get XL room at the PTG? Where do SIGs in
general fit in the PTG/Forum mix?

--
Chris Dent                  ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)       https://anticdent.org/