[Openstack-security] Object Encryption

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Aug 1 12:39:46 UTC 2013

The Barbican team is working on a proxy that provides encryption for any system that implements the swift API. It's pretty simple, but it should provide transparent encryption for files / containers.

I hoping that as Barbican matures we'll see more uptake, but for now we are looking at doing some if the integration ourselves.

We're also looking at implementing encryption into the python-swiftclient lib to that it can be done client side.

I'm not sure if we'll get all that done for Havana, but were going to give it a shot.

Thanks,
Jarret Raim

Sent from my phone, please excuse the mistakes.