[openstack-qa] default route (bridge) issue on fedora 21

Rafael Folco rfolco at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 31 19:04:42 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am struggling with a route issue on Fedora 21 while running
devstack-gate so I am looking for any insights on what could be the root
cause.

Problem: Network connectivity to the VM is lost as soon as Tempest
starts creating the bridge br100 and redefines the default route.

Looks like default route is not set correctly for f21. Tried several
configs to ifcfg-* scripts with no result. The default route keeps being
set for dev eth0 instead of dev br100 (like in f20 when it worked).

So if I m in the right direction, the question is:
Why default route is set to dev eth0 and not to br100 like in f20 ?

F21 ==> default 9.114.112.254 0.0.0.0 UG 1024 0 0 eth0
f21: http://fpaste.org/197321/26190258/

F20 ==> default 9-114-112-254ga 0.0.0.0 UG 1024 0 0 br100
f20: http://fpaste.org/197320/26190209/

This is the set of commands nova-network runs for the bridge setup:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/202436/47826142/

I'd appreciate any suggestions on what I could try.

Thanks,

--rfolco