[openstack-qa] Instance Bringup fail, when flavor has extra specs

Bhaskar Rao bhaskar.rao at citrix.com
Mon Dec 22 11:04:19 UTC 2014

Hi Openstack users,

I am trying the following scenario and getting the some error, need help in debugging the issue

1)      Created a Host Aggregate and assigned hosts in it, also added metadata to the Host aggregate using the command "aggregate-set-metadata"

2)      Created a flavor and added the "extra spec" to the flavor using the command "flavor-key" which matches the metadata specified for the Host aggregate above.

3)      Now I am trying to launch an instance using the flavor created above.

4)      The instance creation is getting errored out with the following msg
"| fault                                | {"message": "No valid host was found. ", "code": 500, "details": "  File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/scheduler/filter_scheduler.py\", line 108, in schedule_run_instance |

|                                      |     raise exception.NoValidHost(reason=\"\")  "

5)      When I remove the extra specs from the flavor and try to launch an instance using the same flavor, the instance comes up fine on the same host

Any help here would be great.
Thanks in advance

-Bhaskar