[openstack-qa] how to restart cinder services though api

Satyadev Sugrevu ssugrevu at vmware.com
Tue Aug 5 08:08:38 UTC 2014

HI All,

I need help on testing config changes for cinder.config for verifcation of config keys.

What is best procedure to do it.

for manual testing I use following commands to do it
#kill -9 `ps aux | grep -v grep | grep cinder-api | awk '{print $2}'`
#sed -i -e 's/[#]*default_volume_type.*=.*/default_volume_type=gold/g' /etc/cinder/cinder.conf
# cd /opt/stack/cinder ; /opt/stack/cinder/bin/cinder-api --config-file /etc/cinder/cinder.conf > /opt/stack/logs/screen/screen-c-api.log  2>&1 &

If I want to automate it os.system comand then it will be hardcoding of paths. any better way of doing it ?

Please let me know if you want more info.

regards,
satyadev