[openstack-qa] keystone version 3

Nora Zhou Nora.Zhou at harmonicinc.com
Fri Nov 15 03:23:53 UTC 2013

Hi OpenStack team,

As I know, Keystone v3 API has been released. However, the OpenStack Client like (Nova, Glance..) does not support Keystone v3, and this will not be fixed because OpenStack released a unified API called "openstackclient". My question is:
1.    Since I can see that Keystone v3 API changes compared to v2, but does Keystone v3 service also make some change compared to v2?
2.    Do Keystone v3 API all ready to use? ( including domain, unscoped token authorization issue)
3.    Do OpenStack Services (like Nova, Glance) adopt Keystone v3 authentication ?
4.    Does keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token v3 ready to use? If yes, can I say that other OpenStack services like Nova, Glance can adopt Keystone V3 authentication?

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Nora