[openstack-qa] tempest run length - need a gate tag - call for help

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri May 17 16:15:40 UTC 2013

On 15 May 2013 04:19, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> On 05/14/2013 02:04 AM, Giulio Fidente wrote:

>> My understanding is that while testtools only allows for boolean
>> attributes, nosetest allows for attributes labeling; it uses the format
>> label="value" where each label can have multiple values and each test
>> can have multiple labels. Seems to me a nice feature to have.
>>
>> Can we achieve that with testr? How? I don't seem to find much in the
>> doc :(
>
> Robert - can you shed some light here?

Well, I wrote an 'attr' lookalike for testtools, which exposes the
attributes in the test id, which allows regex selection by attribute.

You should be able to just define the attribute as 'foo=bar' if that's
what you want, though I don't see what the specific use case for
multiple values it - it seems overkill for test classification.

Separately I have a longer term arc to expose tags all the way through
from Python unittest objects through to the testr scheduler, which is
how I plan to permit custom schedulers to get data from the test
suite, to enable workarounds for test environments which don't obey
the normal test structure axioms.

-Rob
--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>