[openstack-qa] Ganularity of 'gate' tag

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu May 16 11:17:34 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 03:45 PM, David Kranz wrote:
> I had thought this tag would mostly be at the class level but I see
> patches that are instead putting it on every method of a class.
> Is there a good reason to do that? Given that we are trying to put as
> much as possible in the gate I'm not sure the case of mixed gate/non-gate
> methods in the same class will be common.

That's possible, though previously all methodology was function level
tagging not class level. It has it's draw backs, but it also adds the
advantage that new tests wouldn't be gate by default.

I can go either way. My goal is we can run a big set, which isn't
everything. However we get there I'm ok with, but the fact that we can
only easily run smoke (which is small enough to not find a lot of
issues), and everything in the tree, I see as a problem.

But I won't be able to really sort through it all in my own head until
the restructure is done, as there is a volume race that's been exposed
just by changing test order.
http://logs.openstack.org/28624/15/check/gate-tempest-devstack-vm-quantum/22583/logs/screen-c-sch.txt.gz
- 2013-05-15 15:00:05

That's preventing moving out the scenario tests.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net