[openstack-qa] Fail injection tests for Swift and possible merge with Tempest

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed May 15 13:37:11 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 08:12 AM, Giulio Fidente wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 02:59 PM, Martina Kollarova wrote:
>> On Sat 11 May 2013 01:26:20 AM CEST, Sean Dague wrote:
>>> On 05/10/2013 10:31 AM, Martina Kollarova wrote:
>>> The architecture of Tempest is to just house test cases. They can be
>>> configured with an etc file, but it should not modify your environment.
>>
>> The test cases themselves modify the environment. That is their whole
>> point.
>
> not to push the ball too far but I'd like to see something like
> destroystack to test the HA features
>
> maybe that won't be merged with tempest but still seems valuable on its own

So I think the real discussion here is how would this work as an
upstream automated job in CI, or how would a fully automated system
consume the gerrit event queue and post back  results.

I think that provides a really good framework for separation of concerns
in setting up the environment vs. running the tests vs. fault injection.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net