[openstack-qa] tempest run length - need a gate tag - call for help

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Tue May 14 09:04:14 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 08:52 PM, James E. Blair wrote:
> We have a number of other things that we can do to reduce run-time that
> I think we agreed should be a higher priority:
>
> A) Parallelize the test runner (move to testr).

this is interesting so I'd like to do some work to facilitate the migration

currently I'm looking into this:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/convert-attr-to-testtools

I noticed we have a wrapper for the @attr decorator:
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/commit/55530bb28b770025ac1c79c94229eeb66e70a0da

My understanding is that while testtools only allows for boolean
attributes, nosetest allows for attributes labeling; it uses the format
label="value" where each label can have multiple values and each test
can have multiple labels. Seems to me a nice feature to have.

Can we achieve that with testr? How? I don't seem to find much in the doc :(
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: giulivo