[openstack-qa] Changing nova.conf and tempest.conf configurations on-the-fly for specific test cases

Rami Vaknin rvaknin at redhat.com
Sat Mar 2 09:12:34 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 10:20 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 02:57 PM, Rami Vaknin wrote:
>> Sure,
>> jenkins failed verification of cloudpipe clients and tests of patch
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21248/ since:
>>
>> 1. The devstack it's running on is missing the following nova.conf keys:
>>
>> vpn_image_id
>> use_project_ca
>> cnt_vpn_clients
>>
>> 2. etc/tempest.conf in tempest repo has "catalog_type = network" under
>> the "[network]" section for Quantum tests while the cloudpipe test
>> require "catalog_type = compute" as they use nova-network.
>>
>> The solution for issue #1 could be change in the devstack repo which I'd
>> prefer to avoid using it.
>> I don't have solution for issue #2.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> Changing devstack is the right statement for the gate. Tempest *will
> not* reconfigure the openstack environment. It's way outside it's scope.

Thanks for your response,

As I don't see how can I choose an image id as a value for vpn_image_id
key during nova.conf creation (nova.conf is created even before any
image exists in the system, and I can't guess any future-image's id
ahead), I think that hooking devstack won't help me here.

Regarding the catalog_type issue, if jenkins is using Quantum on its
devstack, there is no way to make him run both Quantum and nova-network,
adding SKIP to my tests if devstack uses Quantum will make jenkins
verification to be useless for all nova-network patches (which bad for
code quality but good for neutralizing jenkins ;-) ).

Rami Vaknin, QE @ Red Hat, TLV, IL.