[openstack-qa] Changing nova.conf and tempest.conf configurations on-the-fly for specific test cases

Rami Vaknin rvaknin at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 19:57:14 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 05:09 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 09:42 AM, Rami Vaknin wrote:
>> Hi, few questions, any pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>> I would like to change few nova.conf configuration during
>> cloudpipe-related test cases, it means to update the configuration in
>> the setUp class method and revert them in tearDown class method without
>> the need to restart any nova service, is that possible to be made in
>> tempest? Can I override the configuration without persisting them?
>>
>> My test cases are running over nova-network, which means that the
>> catalog_type under the tempest.conf's "[network]" section should be
>> changed "compute" rather than "network", this change should be applied
>> only for my test cases since other tests do use Quantum, can that also
>> possible to be configured on-the-fly for my specific test cases?
>
> Reconfiguring nova is out of scope for tempest. Tempest assumes a
> pre-setup environment, and just interacts with it over the normal
> interfaces.
>
> Can you explain in detail what tests you want to run? Maybe we can
> come out with another way.
>
>     -Sean

Sure,
jenkins failed verification of cloudpipe clients and tests of patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21248/ since:

1. The devstack it's running on is missing the following nova.conf keys:

vpn_image_id
use_project_ca
cnt_vpn_clients

2. etc/tempest.conf in tempest repo has "catalog_type = network" under
the "[network]" section for Quantum tests while the cloudpipe test
require "catalog_type = compute" as they use nova-network.

The solution for issue #1 could be change in the devstack repo which I'd
prefer to avoid using it.
I don't have solution for issue #2.

Any thoughts?

Rami Vaknin, QE @ Red Hat, TLV, IL.