[openstack-qa] Missing meeting this week / and QA program

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Jun 28 19:13:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:00:29PM -0400, David Kranz wrote:
> Hope you guys are having fun and learning a lot. Folks at the meeting were interested in the status of the parallel/testr effort. Can one of you give an update?

So there hasn't been much progress on it since last week's meeting. I'm still
waiting for review on the testr patch I pushed out. Once Robert gives feedback
on it, I'll be able to move forward. I also have a patch waiting that switches
over run_tests and some of the tox jobs over to testr. (assuming the testr patch
gets merged as is, it uses the flag) Then it'll be a simple matter to make a
nonvoting job that runs tempest with testr.

I have been running things locally and I've found that we will probably hit some
resource limitations with volumes. So there will definitely be some debug work on
figuring out that and other race conditions that'll probably pop up. But, I don't
feel that we can really do this until the testr patch gets formalized.

That being said if anyone wants to try running tempest in parallel they can pull
the testr patch and give it a shot. The patch can be pulled from here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~treinish/testrepository/testrepository

-Matt Treinish