[openstack-qa] [Openstack-qa-team] Script to prepare the stack for full tempest run.

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Fri Jun 14 07:09:59 UTC 2013

Lot of people does not see the true value of tempest like installation
and deployment independent testing.

- These are the tests what all OpenStack user/admin/system integrator can share on.
- Tempest contains most of the tests what can work regardless to any topology or infra...
- Tempest can be isolated from the inspected deployment by multiple ways.

This bug about isolation tempest cli tests and cli utilities:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1150296

Tempest even does not have to be on any machine which is part of the deployment,
 so it can be even on different machine when you issue a multi-node packstack install.
This is the place where I prefer the isolation, instead of saving nodes.
But, you can run multiple tempest process on single node against multiple different deployment.
(tempest itself not a resource hunger process)

- run packstack or devstack or whatever is not the first step in any testing and not the last.
- packstack is not the only way to deploy RDO or RHOS.

If I had choose where to implement a __generic__ solution for fully prepare tempest test,
it will not be in packstack repo or the tempest repo.

What I would really recommend is extending the tempest documentation
with a generic manual setup documentation
which contains copy paste-able code snippets and descriptions.

Preparing tempest automatically is not an issue.

What I would recommend (I created bugs in the bz) for packstack,
is changing the default settings to be more tempest friendly.

I have additional packstack enhancement recommendation,
about what logic could be moved to the packstack.