[openstack-qa] The service logs are not saved on job timeout

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Wed Jun 12 14:38:03 UTC 2013

Attila Fazekas <afazekas at redhat.com> writes:

> The service logs are not saved on job timeout
> http://logs.openstack.org/23739/6/check/gate-tempest-devstack-vm-postgres-full/12385/logs/
>
> How can I help to solve this kind of issues ?
>
> How it is handled nowadays ?

The job timeout is enforced by Jenkins -- it forcibly aborts the job
when the timeout is reached.  Copying the service logs into a location
where they can be saved is part of the job.

The best solution would be for Tempest itself to enforce a timeout so
that the job could continue as normal.  Perhaps that's something to look
into with test repository.

It may be possible to configure a Jenkins post-build action to copy the
logs, however, I'm not certain that would work, and the plugin that does
that is frankly a little ridiculous (it scans the entire console log
with regexes to decide if it should run) and very complicated -- I'd
rather keep these job configurations as simple as possible.

In the mean time, you may be able to reproduce locally.  Jeremy Stanley
is working on improving documentation around how to exactly reproduce
the gating jobs:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32661/

-Jim