[openstack-qa] Disabling Services in Tempest

Jay Buffington me at jaybuff.com
Wed Jul 17 17:09:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM, David Kranz <dkranz at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 07/17/2013 11:37 AM, Matthew Treinish wrote:
>
>> My opinion on this is that
>> we should do both service tagging and also have service config options.

+1

> Do we actually have any tests for endpoint discovery, other than the
> implicit tests for keystone

I grepped for EndpointNotFound and only found this suspicious section
in tempest/scenario/manager.py:

    @classmethod
    def check_preconditions(cls):
        if (cls.config.network.neutron_available):
            cls.enabled = True
            #verify that neutron_available is telling the truth
            try:
                cls.network_client.list_networks()
            except exc.EndpointNotFound:
                cls.enabled = False