[openstack-qa] New Client Test Suite

Joe Gordon jogo at cloudscaling.com
Thu Feb 21 18:47:35 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am pleased to say that the CLI tests are now gating (
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/22096/). They run at the end of the
standard tempest test (example:
http://logs.openstack.org/22546/5/check/gate-tempest-devstack-vm-full/4878/console.html.gz
).

The current set of tests are very basic and need a lot of work.  But now
that the CLI tests are self-gating it should be easy for anyone to
contribute to them.  Currently we have:
* uses tempest.conf
* in unittest framework
* admin user only
* python-novaclient only
* read-only tests

But we would like to have:
* Tests for all python-*clients
* Tests for all *-manage binaries
* Tests for both admin and regular users
* Read/Write tests (spin up a VM with client do something etc)

Daryl, as for your WIP patch, I will take a look at it hopefully there are
some things we can use from it.

best,
Joe Gordon