[openstack-qa] Adding new tests to the gate

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Wed Feb 20 15:28:43 UTC 2013

Now that every test added to Tempest is gating all projects, we have to
be even more careful. There have been some
submissions of new tests to Tempest in  a state where they are skipped
due to some configuration that is not (yet) set
in the devstack gate configuration. This introduces the risk that when
some one tries to change the configuration to support
the new tests, there will be failures. It would be better to turn on the
configuration in the devstack gate first, and then
submit tests.

The most recent example I saw was for the v3 keystone tests. What is
needed to enable these tests in the gate?

  -David