[openstack-qa] tempest attribute replacement

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 7 19:27:14 UTC 2013

There are some review comments in
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/tempest+branch:master+topic:bp/speed-up-tempest,n,z
and we talked about it at the qa meeting today.

I think Attila brings up a good point that we can't break existing nose
functionality with this until the alternative is available.

So I'm going to suggest the following.

1) lets build own own @tempest.attr decorator that will set both nose
and testr attrs.
2) lets not deleted the positive / negative attrs yet, it's meta data
that I find a little useful in looking at the tests (even if it's not
complete).
3) lets get these patches all into a patch series (one depends on
another) so that we can see them as a progression.

My experience touching large swaths of files in nova is that we very
much do want to break those up into chunks like cyeoh has already done,
because the merge conflict issues abound on a patch set this big, if
it's in a series it can slowly make its way in.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center