[openstack-qa] The great Tempest blueprint cleanup

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Apr 26 13:50:56 UTC 2013

We currently have 42 blueprints in tempest
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest), mostly they are cruft, as
we've not really been using our blueprint tracker effectively in the past.

The road to sanity here seems to be largely declaring bankruptcy, but we
want to do this in a way that will let people signal that their
blueprints are something they are still willing to work on, and commit
to for a havana-1 or havana-2 timeframe (for first cut we're not going
to allow people to declare h-3 or beyond, looking at people doing near
term code).

To do this I'm going to move everything into status "Unknown", and
everything in "Unknown" to "New" state.

As a blueprint owner if you are willing to commit to an h-1 or h-2
milestone, then mark the Status to something other than Unknown, and
which milestone to expect these by.

Next Thursday we'll do a purge of everything that's still in an
untouched state as obsolete, that will be the first round of culling of
stale blueprints.

Questions, comments, welcomed. Also feel free to jump on #openstack-qa
to ask any questions about the process.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague