[openstack-qa] Blueprint: list-tested-apis

Mitsuhiko Yamazaki yamazaki-mitsuhiko at cnt.mxc.nes.nec.co.jp
Thu Apr 4 06:41:38 UTC 2013

Hi, Sean.

Thank you very much for your comments.

I submitted a prototype but I don't stick to that.
If there are better ideas, I'd like to adopt them.
Here are my candidates. I think first one is good because it is simple and insusceptible from other factors.
1) Use middleware to catch APIs.
   This is my prototype. This supplies necessary functions almost all in one.
2) Use nova-api log.
   I've implemented this before but I found this was not helpful because the log format changes frequently.
3) Use nova coverage report.
   We can use existing code, but source code analysis is needed I think and I don't know how to realize it.
4) Use tempest log.
   I worry about the same problem as 2).
5) Implement a new function to record tested APIs on tempest instead of using logs.
   This needs a function on Nova to get API lists and check.

> For instance, the 132 tests on /project_id/servers tell you very little on whether we are passing good or bad attributes to it.

That's right.
We should implement request body analysis in the next step.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Mitsuhiko Yamazaki