[openstack-qa] Tempest broken post EC2 merge

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 23:37:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

FIXME: The pip-requires is designed to tell what libraries needed by a certain python package.
A decadency spec should not restrict only to one version, especially when it is well know the package can work with many other version.
The pip-requires package version range is distribution independent.
I do not have any idea which distribution ships exactly boto-2.1.1 and why was the dependency marked with exact '=='.

The pip replaces the package shipped by the distribution _only_ when it is out off the supported range.

Now, when you install devstack, the packages which specifies 2.1.1 overrides the version requested by tempest and "replaces" the library shipped by my distro.
The last pip caller decide the libraries final version.

A workaround could be make tempest 'pip' call step the last 'pip' caller step.

I have requested to change this values to boto>=2.1.1 in glance and nova.

I hope it will be OK for all of us.

Best Regards,
Attila