[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [Openstack-sigs] [goals][tc][ptl][uc] starting goal selection for T series

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Sep 27 09:30:28 UTC 2018

First I think that is a great goal, but I want to pick up on Dean's comment:

Dean Troyer wrote:
> [...]
> The OSC core team is very thin, yes, it seems as though companies
> don't like to spend money on client-facing things...I'll be in the
> hall following this thread should anyone want to talk...

I think OSC (and client-facing tooling in general) is a great place for
OpenStack users (deployers of OpenStack clouds) to contribute. It's a
smaller territory, it's less time-consuming than the service side, they
are the most obvious interested party, and a small, 20% time investment
would have a dramatic impact.

It's arguably difficult for OpenStack users to get involved in
"OpenStack development": keeping track of what's happening in a large
team is already likely to consume most of the time you can dedicate to
it. But OSC is a specific, smaller area which would be a good match for
the expertise and time availability of anybody running an OpenStack
cloud that wants to contribute back and make OpenStack better.

Shameless plug: I proposed a Forum session in Berlin to discuss "Getting
OpenStack users involved in the project" -- and we'll discuss such areas
that are a particularly good match for users to get involved.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)