[Openstack-operators] [goals][tc][ptl][uc] starting goal selection for T series

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Sep 26 15:58:35 UTC 2018

It's time to start thinking about community-wide goals for the T series.

We use community-wide goals to achieve visible common changes, push for
basic levels of consistency and user experience, and efficiently improve
certain areas where technical debt payments have become too high -
across all OpenStack projects. Community input is important to ensure
that the TC makes good decisions about the goals. We need to consider
the timing, cycle length, priority, and feasibility of the suggested
goals.

If you are interested in proposing a goal, please make sure that before
the summit it is described in the tracking etherpad [1] and that you
have started a mailing list thread on the openstack-dev list about the
proposal so that everyone in the forum session [2] has an opportunity to
consider the details.  The forum session is only one step in the
selection process. See [3] for more details.

Doug

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals
[2] https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/vote-for-speakers#/22814
[3] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/index.html