[Openstack-operators] Best kernel options for openvswitch on network nodes on a large setup

Jean-Philippe Méthot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Tue Sep 25 23:49:18 UTC 2018

This particular message makes it sound as if openvswitch is getting overloaded.

Sep 23 03:54:08 network1 ovsdb-server: ovs|01253|reconnect|ERR|tcp:127.0.0.1:50814: no response to inactivity probe after 5.01 seconds, disconnecting

A lot of those keep appear, and openvswitch always reconnects almost instantly though. I’ve done some research about that particular message, but it didn’t give me anything I can use to fix it.

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack
PlanetHoster inc.