[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [neutron] heads up to long time ovs users...

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 03:55:14 UTC 2018

The important point of this notice is that packet drops will happen when
switching of_interface option from ovs-ofctl (which was the default value
in the old releases) to native (which is the current default ).

Once neutron drops the option, if deployers use the legacy value
"ovs-ofctl", they will hit some packet losses when upgrading neutron to
Stein.

We have no actual data on large deployments so far and don't know how this
change impacts real deployments.

Your feedback would be really appreciated.

Best regards,
Akihiro Motoki (irc: amotoki)