[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] Forum Topic Submission Period

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 14:19:46 UTC 2018

On 9/17/2018 11:13 AM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
> The Forum Topic Submission session started September 12 and will run
> through September 26th.  Now is the time to wrangle the topics you
> gathered during your Brainstorming Phase and start pushing forum topics
> through. Don't rely only on a PTL to make the agenda... step on up and
> place the items you consider important front and center.
>
> As you may have noticed on the Forum Wiki
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum), we're reusing the normal CFP
> tool this year. We did our best to remove Summit specific language, but
> if you notice something, just know that you are submitting to the
> Forum.  URL is here:
>
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/call-for-presentations
>
> Looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions!
>
> If you have questions or concerns about the process, please don't
> hesitate to reach out.

Another question. In the before times, when we just had that simple form
to submit forum sessions and then the TC/UC/Foundation reviewed the list
and picked the sessions, it was very simple to see what other sessions
were proposed and say, "oh good someone is covering this already, I
don't need to worry about it". With the move to the CFP forms like the
summit sessions, that is no longer available, as far as I know. There
have been at least a few cases this week where someone has said, "this
might be a good topic, but keystone is probably already covering it, or
$FOO SIG is probably already covering it", but without herding the cats
to ask and find out who is all doing what, it's hard to know.

Is there some way we can get back to having a public view of what has
been proposed for the forum so we an avoid overlap, or at worst not
proposing something because people assume someone else is going to cover it?

Matt