[Openstack-operators] zun-ui install

David Ivey david.j.ivey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:52:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am having issues getting zun-ui to work in my environment. it is a
multinode deployment with queens on Ubuntu16.04 . I installed zun-ui based
on the instructions from the stable/queens branch at
https://github.com/openstack/zun-ui. I can confirm that everything works
with openstack-dashboard, heat-dashboard, designate-dashboard before adding
zun-ui. Turning debug on gives me the following error.

Request Method: POST Request URL: http://10.10.5.161/horizon/auth/login/
Django Version: 1.11.15 Python Version: 2.7.12 Installed Applications:
['openstack_dashboard.dashboards.project', 'zun_ui', 'heat_dashboard',
'designatedashboard', 'openstack_dashboard.dashboards.admin',
'openstack_dashboard.dashboards.identity',
'openstack_dashboard.dashboards.settings', 'openstack_dashboard',
'django.contrib.contenttypes', 'django.contrib.auth',
'django.contrib.sessions', 'django.contrib.messages',
'django.contrib.staticfiles', 'django.contrib.humanize', 'django_pyscss',
'openstack_dashboard.django_pyscss_fix', 'compressor', 'horizon',
'openstack_auth'] Installed Middleware:
('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
'horizon.middleware.OperationLogMiddleware',
'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
'django.contrib.auth.middleware.SessionAuthenticationMiddleware',
'horizon.middleware.HorizonMiddleware', 'horizon.themes.ThemeMiddleware',
'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware',
'django.middleware.clickjacking.XFrameOptionsMiddleware',
'openstack_dashboard.contrib.developer.profiler.middleware.ProfilerClientMiddleware',
'openstack_dashboard.contrib.developer.profiler.middleware.ProfilerMiddleware')
Traceback: File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py"
in inner 41. response = get_response(request) File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in
_legacy_get_response 244. response = middleware_method(request) File
"/usr/share/openstack-dashboard/horizon/middleware/base.py" in
process_request 52. if not hasattr(request, "user") or not
request.user.is_authenticated(): Exception Type: TypeError at /auth/login/
Exception Value: 'bool' object is not callable

Other than that I do not see any other errors except the "Something went
wrong! An unexpected error has occurred. Try refreshing the page. If that
doesn't help, contact your local administrator." when I go to the
dashboard..

Thanks in advance
David