[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [nova][publiccloud-wg] Proposal to shelve on stop/suspend

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sat Sep 15 14:51:26 UTC 2018

Found the previous discussion at http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2016-August/011321.html from 2016.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch>
Date: Saturday, 15 September 2018 at 14:38
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova][publiccloud-wg] Proposal to shelve on stop/suspend

    One extra user motivation that came up during past forums was to have a different quota for shelved instances (or remove them from the project quota all together). Currently, I believe that a shelved instance still counts towards the instances/cores quota thus the reduction of usage by the user is not reflected in the quotas.

    One discussion at the time was that the user is still reserving IPs so it is not zero resource usage and the instances still occupy storage.

    (We disabled shelving for other reasons so I'm not able to check easily)

    Tim