[Openstack-operators] [Openstack-sigs] [openstack-dev] Open letter/request to TC candidates (and existing elected officials)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 12 22:14:17 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-12 16:03:12 -0600 (-0600), Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 3:55 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> > On 2018-09-12 09:47:27 -0600 (-0600), Matt Riedemann wrote:
> > [...]
> > > So I encourage all elected TC members to work directly with the
> > > various SIGs to figure out their top issue and then work on
> > > managing those deliverables across the community because the TC is
> > > particularly well suited to do so given the elected position.
> > [...]
> >
> > I almost agree with you. I think the OpenStack TC members should be
> > actively engaged in recruiting and enabling interested people in the
> > community to do those things, but I don't think such work should be
> > solely the domain of the TC and would hate to give the impression
> > that you must be on the TC to have such an impact.
>
> Jeremy, this is not to say that one must be on the TC to have such an
> impact, it is that TC has the duty more than anyone else to get this
> specific cross-project goal done. I would even argue it is not the job
> description of TC to enable/recruit, but to just do it.

I think Doug's work leading the Python 3 First effort is a great
example. He has helped find and enable several other goal champions
to collaborate on this. I appreciate the variety of other things
Doug already does with his available time and would rather he not
stop doing those things to spend all his time acting as a project
manager.
--
Jeremy Stanley