[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [upgrade] request for pre-upgrade check for db purge

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Sep 11 15:01:49 UTC 2018

> How do people feel about this? It seems pretty straight-forward to
> me. If people are generally in favor of this, then the question is
> what would be sane defaults - or should we not assume a default and
> force operators to opt into this?

I dunno, adding something to nova.conf that is only used for nova-status
like that seems kinda weird to me. It's just a warning/informational
sort of thing so it just doesn't seem worth the complication to me.

Moving it to an age thing set at one year seems okay, and better than
making the absolute limit more configurable.

Any reason why this wouldn't just be a command line flag to status if
people want it to behave in a specific way from a specific tool?

--Dan