[Openstack-operators] Automatic image conversion with glance

tech tech at citoyx.com
Wed Oct 24 15:05:36 UTC 2018

At work, we are installing a new openstack platform based on Rocky, with
Ceph storage.

On the previous plateform, we had to manually convert an image to raw
format, before using glance image-create.

Yesterday, i played with task/taskflow to create a task in glance for
converting the image. After some time experimenting i succeeded to make it
works.

But it doesn't really answer my first need, i really wanted to know if it's
possible to setup glance so that whatever the source format supplied for
input, it will convert transparently to raw format when creating an image
using the standard "glance image-create ..." command.

Thank you for the help.

--
Dominique Carrel
CITOYX SAS