[Openstack-operators] Glance Image Visibility Issue? - Non admin users can see private images from other tenants

Moore, Michael Dane (GSFC-720.0)[BUSINESS INTEGRA, INC.] michael.d.moore at nasa.gov
Wed Oct 17 19:29:13 UTC 2018

All,

I’m seeing unexpected behavior in our Queens environment related to Glance image visibility. Specifically users who, based on my understanding of the visibility and ownership fields, should NOT be able to see or view the image.

If I create a new image with openstack image create and specify –project <tenant> and –private a non-admin user in a different tenant can see and boot that image.

That seems to be the opposite of what should happen. Any ideas?

Mike Moore, M.S.S.E.

Systems Engineer, Goddard Private Cloud
GITISS Contract
Business Integra Inc.