[Openstack-operators] nova_api resource_providers table issues on ocata

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:37:16 UTC 2018

Hello, I am sure we are not using nova-compute with duplicate names.
As I told previously we tried on 3 differents openstack installations and
we faced the same issue.
Procedure used
We have an openstack with 3 compute nodes : podto1-kvm01, podto1-kvm02,
podto1-kvm03
1) install a new compute node (podto1-kvm04)
2) On controller we discovered the new compute node: su -s /bin/sh -c
"nova-manage cell_v2 discover_hosts --verbose" nova
3) Evacuate podto1-kvm01
4) yum update on podto1-kvm01 and reboot it
5) Evacuate podto1-kvm02
6) yum update on podto1-kvm02 and reboot it
7) Evacuate podto1-kvm03
8) yum update podto1-kvm03 and reboot it

Regards