[Openstack-operators] New project creation fails because of a Nova check in a multi-region cloud

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu May 10 23:36:06 UTC 2018

On 5/10/2018 6:30 PM, Jean-Philippe Méthot wrote:
> 1.I was talking about the region-name parameter underneath
> keystone_authtoken. That is in the pike doc you linked, but I am unaware
> if this is only used for token generation or not. Anyhow, it doesn’t
> seem to have any impact on the issue at hand.

The [keystone]/region_name config option in nova is used to pike the
identity service endpoint so I think in that case region_one will matter
if there are multiple identity endpoints in the service catalog. The
only thing is you're on pike where [keystone]/region_name isn't in
nova.conf and it's not used, it was added in queens for this lookup:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/507693/

So that might be why it doesn't seem to make a difference if you set it
in nova.conf - because the nova code isn't actually using it.

You could try backporting that patch into your pike deployment, set
region_name to RegionOne and see if it makes a difference (although I
thought RegionOne was the default if not specified?).

Matt