[Openstack-operators] Need feedback for nova aborting cold migration function

Flint WALRUS gael.therond at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:52:24 UTC 2018

As an operator dealing with platforms that do cold migration I would like
to be able to abort and rollback the process.

That would give us a better service quality and availability.

We do have no choices but to use cold migration on some of our remote sites
as they don’t get a unified storage such as CEPH for cost management.

Those remote sites have to growth and gain traction before being budgeted
for a truly powerful distributed storage backend. Due to such limitations I
would love to be able to reduce the time our customers are impacted by such
move while doing maintenance or any other jobs requiring us to do a
migration.

Thanks for the hard work on this topic!