[Openstack-operators] OpenStack PTG Update

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Tue May 1 20:20:49 UTC 2018

Hello Ops Folks -

Wanted to reach out regarding some concerns that have been voiced around
the pricing at the PTG.  Part of the value of the event is allowing Ops
and Devs to co-mingle, collaborate, and work together on solving
problems with OpenStack. What we are betting on is the opportunity to
show that Ops and Devs together, can make a better OpenStack.

While this new price may be higher per attendee than previous ops
meetups, attendees do receive a free ticket to the next two Summits. The
result is an increased price for Ops Meetup/PTG, while lowering overall
attendee costs for the PTG/Ops Meetup + Summits. Additionally, we are
going to extend the deadline of the Early Bird offer to May 18, 6:59
UTC.  After that time, the price will increase from USD $199 to USD $399.

Please keep in mind that the OpenStack Foundation doesn’t profit on
these events. Our goal is to provide the absolute best community
experience/opportunity/value for the money.  In short, we want and need
you there!

If you are concerned about cost and your organization will not fund your
travel, you can apply for Travel Support
<https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/travelsupportptg_denver_2018>.
If your organization is interested in sponsoring the PTG or supporting
attendees through Travel Support, please email ptg at openstack.org
<mailto:ptg at openstack.org>.

I'm sure there will be plenty of questions. We are happy to host a video
conference if it's something that would be of value to the Ops community.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Denver!
Jimmy