[Openstack-operators] nova-placement-api tuning

iain MacDonnell iain.macdonnell at oracle.com
Thu Mar 29 17:40:03 UTC 2018

On 03/29/2018 04:24 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2018, Belmiro Moreira wrote:
>
> [lots of great advice snipped]
>
>> - Change apache mpm default from prefork to event/worker.
>> - Increase the WSGI number of processes/threads considering where
>> placement
>> is running.

If I'm reading

http://modwsgi.readthedocs.io/en/develop/user-guides/processes-and-threading.html

right, it seems that the MPM is not pertinent when using WSGIDaemonProcess.

> Another option is to switch to nginx and uwsgi. In situations where
> the web server is essentially operating as a proxy to another
> process which is being the WSGI server, nginx has a history of being
> very effective.

Evaluating adoption of uwsgi is on my to-do list ... not least because
it'd enable restarting of services individually...

     ~iain