[Openstack-operators] [openstack-ansible] How to manage system upgrades ?

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at nuagelibre.org
Fri Jul 27 08:34:50 UTC 2018

Hello !

Would be great to have a playbook to upgrade system parts of an
OpenStack Cloud !
With OpenStack Ansible : LXC containers and hosts.

It would be awesome to do a controlled rolling reboot of hosts when
needed...

Different conditions to check :
- for controllers : check galera status...
- for compute nodes : disable compute node and live-evacuate
instances...
- for storage : with Ceph : set no out...

I know, I can do it and contribute, but perhaps someone already has
something similar ?
It could be hosted in one of these projects :
- https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-ops
-
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ansible-role-openstack-operations

(Why already to project for the same goal ?)