[Openstack-operators] Inverted drive letters on block devices that use virtio-scsi

Logan V. logan at protiumit.com
Fri Jan 26 04:06:48 UTC 2018

If you are running Ocata or later, please see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1729584

There seems to be a broken series of patches related to virtio-scsi
that were backported to Ocata resulting in some unresolved virtio-scsi
drive ordering bugs. I see it primarily on virtio-scsi based instances
where 1) boot from volume instances with a secondary volume attached,
or 2) boot from image volumes where config drive is enabled.

Logan