[Openstack-operators] Ops Community Documentation - first anchor point

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Aug 21 19:27:44 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 03:14:48PM -0400, Jonathan Proulx wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> I'm still a little confused by the state of this :)
>
> I know I made some promises then got distracted the looks like Sean
> stepped up and got things a bit further, but where is it now?  Do we
> have an active repo?
>
> It would be nice to have the repo in place before OPs meetup.
>
> -Jon

Hey Jon,

Pretty much everything is in place now. There is one outstanding patch to
officially add things under the SIG governance here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/591248/

That's a formality that needs to be done, but we do have the content being
published to the site:

https://docs.openstack.org/operations-guide/

And we have the repo set up and ready for updates to be proposed:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/operations-guide

Our next step is to start encouraging contributions from the community. This
would be a great things to discuss at the PTG, and I now realize that I didn't
add this obvious thing to our ops PTG planning etherpad. I will add it there
and hopefully we can go over some of the content and get some more interest in
contributing to it.

Thanks!
Sean