[Openstack-operators] Horizon Custom Logos (Queens, 13.0.1)

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Aug 20 16:40:57 UTC 2018

Hi Y'all,

I've been banging my head against a wall for days on this item and can't
find anything via google on how to get around it - I am trying to
install a custom logo onto my Horizon Dashboard front page (the splash
page).  I have my logo ready to go, logo-splash.png.  I have tried
following the instructions here on how to install a custom logo:

https://docs.openstack.org/horizon/queens/admin/customize-configure.html

But it simply doesn't work.  It seems this stanza...

#splash .login {
background: #355796 url(../img/my_cloud_logo_medium.png) no-repeat
center 35px;
}

...doesn't actually replace the logo (which is logo-splash.svg), it only
seems to put my file, logo-splash.png as the *background* to the .svg
logo.  And since the option there is "no-repeat center", it appears
*behind* the svg logo and I can't see it.  I played around with those
options, removing "no-repeat" for example, and it dutifully shows my
logo repeating in the background.  But I need the default
logo-splash.svg file to actually be gone and my logo to exist in it's
place.  Maybe I'm missing something simple?

I'm restarting apache and memchached after every change I make when I
was testing.

And because the images directory is rebuilt every time I restart apache,
I can't even copy in a custom logo-splash.svg file.   Which wouldn't
help anyway, as I want my .png file in there instead.  I don't have the
means to create a .svg file at this time.  ;)

Help!

As a side note, I'm using the Queens distribution via RedHat.

Many thanks in advance,
erich