[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [puppet] migrating to storyboard

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:02:32 UTC 2018

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 12:15 AM Tobias Urdin <tobias.urdin at binero.se>
wrote:

> Hello Kendall,
>
> I went through the list of projects [1] and could only really see two
> things.
>
> 1) puppet-rally and puppet-openstack-guide is missing
>
> I had created the projects, but missed adding them to the group. They
should be there now :)

> 2) We have some support projects which doesn't really need bug tracking,
> where some others do.
>     You can remove puppet-openstack-specs and
> puppet-openstack-cookiecutter all others would be
>     nice to still have left so we can track bugs. [2]
>
> i can remove them from the group if you want, but I don't think I can
delete the projects entirely.

> [...]
>

> On 08/16/2018 09:40 PM, Kendall Nelson wrote:
>
> Hey :)
>
> I created all the puppet openstack repos in the storyboard-dev envrionment
> and made a project group[1]. I am struggling a bit with finding all of your
> launchpad projects to perform the migrations through, can you share a list
> of all of them?
>
> -Kendall (diablo_rojo)
>
> [1] https://storyboard-dev.openstack.org/#!/project_group/60
>
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 12:08 AM Tobias Urdin <tobias.urdin at binero.se>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Kendall,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply, that sounds awesome!
>> We can then dig around and see how everything looks when all project bugs
>> are imported to stories.
>>
>> I see no issues with being able to move to Storyboard anytime soon if the
>> feedback for
>> moving is positive.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Tobias
>>

>> On 08/14/2018 09:06 PM, Kendall Nelson wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> The error you hit can be resolved by adding launchpadlib to your tox.ini
>> if I recall correctly..
>>
>> also, if you'd like, I can run a test migration of puppet's launchpad
>> projects into our storyboard-dev db (where I've done a ton of other test
>> migrations) if you want to see how it looks/works with a larger db. Just
>> let me know and I can kick it off.
>>
>> As for a time to migrate, if you all are good with it, we usually
>> schedule for Friday's so there is even less activity. Its a small project
>> config change and then we just need an infra core to kick off the script
>> once the change merges.
>>
>> -Kendall (diablo_rojo)
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 9:33 AM Tobias Urdin <tobias.urdin at binero.se>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all incredible Puppeters,
>>>
>>> I've tested setting up an Storyboard instance and test migrated
>>> puppet-ceph and it went without any issues there using the documentation
>>> [1] [2]
>>> with just one minor issue during the SB setup [3].
>>>
>>> My goal is that we will be able to swap to Storyboard during the Stein
>>> cycle but considering that we have a low activity on
>>> bugs my opinion is that we could do this swap very easily anything soon
>>> as long as everybody is in favor of it.
>>>
>>> Please let me know what you think about moving to Storyboard?
>>> If everybody is in favor of it we can request a migration to infra
>>> according to documentation [2].
>>>
>>> I will continue to test the import of all our project while people are
>>> collecting their thoughts and feedback :)
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Tobias
>>>
>>> [1] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/install/development.html
>>> [2] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/migration.html
>>> [3] It failed with an error about launchpadlib not being installed,
>>> solved with `tox -e venv pip install launchpadlib`

If that's all good now, I can kick off test migrations but having a
complete list of the launchpad projects you maintain and use would be super
helpful so I don't miss any. Is there somewhere this is documented? Or can
you send me a list?

-Kendall (diablo_rojo)