[Openstack-operators] Openstack Version discovery with the cli client.

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:18:15 UTC 2018

Thanks !

I think the command I was looking for is:
"openstack versions show"

But for example for Neutron I get just version v2.0 from Newton to
Pike, that tells me very little.

The use case is when testing Kubernetes on Openstack, a lot of
kubernetes users cannot tell easily the version of Openstack they are
testing on. Because things like the LBaaS are so different between
Openstack releases that version v2.0 tells too little.
Often it is good to know what is the version of the Openstack cloud to
identify bugs on launchpad.

Cheers,

Saverio