[Openstack-operators] [nova][glance] nova-compute choosing incorrect qemu binary when scheduling 'alternate' (ppc64, armv7l) architectures?

Chris Apsey bitskrieg at bitskrieg.net
Tue Aug 7 13:54:46 UTC 2018

Hey Matt,

We don't actually have any non-x86 hardware at the moment - we're just
looking to run certain workloads in qemu full emulation mode sans KVM
extensions (we know there is a huge performance hit - it's just for a
few very specific things).  The hosts I'm talking about are normal
intel-based compute nodes with several different qemu packages installed
(arm, ppc, mips, x86_64 w/ kvm extensions, etc.).

Is nova designed to work in this kind of scenario?  It seems like many
pieces are there, but they're just not quite tied together quite right,
or there is some config option I'm missing.

Thanks!

---
v/r

Chris Apsey