[Openstack-operators] Live-migration experiences?

Flint WALRUS gael.therond at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 06:19:56 UTC 2018

Hi clint, matt.

To be noticed that post-copy and auto-convergence are mutually exclusive.

The drawbacks that we experienced with here is that live-migration using
either way post-copy or auto-convergence will likely fail for application
not being able to handle throttling. Although, post-copy is guaranteed to
work for most of your migration.

On the design part of your solution. For a while we had the same design
with each rack being segmented but we gave up with this choice as it was a
PITA especially for live-migration.

We’re currently migrating our network design to a much simplified all L3
network layout with our underlying network a bgp driven network and all
overlay network being managed by Openstack.

Let me know if you need more details or information.

Kind regards,
G.