[Openstack-operators] [scientific] s/WG/SIG/g

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 07:25:17 UTC 2017

Hi all,

If you happen to have been following along with recent discussions
about introducing OpenStack SIGs then this won't come as a surprise.
PS: the openstack-sig mailing list has been minted - get on it!

The meta-SIG is now looking for existing WGs who wish to convert to
SIGs, see http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-sigs/2017-July/000022.html.
The Scientific-WG is a good candidate for this because, at our core
(as I see it), we've never really been about bounded task-oriented
goals, but more of an open community of OpenStack
operators/architects/users. At any point we may have groups working on
particular goals, e.g., the OpenStack HPC&Science book, performance
benchmarking/troubleshooting, integration architectures, and so on -
these groups could in future be spun out to their own WGs if
warranted.

What does this mean, practically? Essentially we just do some renaming
here and there and move our mailing list discussions to
openstack-sigs at lists.openstack.org.

We've already discussed this in the past couple of meetings and so far
had no objections, so we're planning to move ahead with it soon. The
intention of this thread is to canvas broader input.

--
Cheers,
~Blairo