[Openstack-operators] Technical Committee (TC) learnings, updates

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Fri Oct 27 18:05:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've volunteered to try and track what the TC is doing for the next few
months and report back to Ops. So, all of this is pretty much done in the
open (on IRC) so don't expect anything here you can't get elsewhere[1].

Of note, they are moving away from "meetings" as meetings are too
regional-centric (and possibly too English centric) and going to "office
hours" where you can expect one or more TC members to be on-line/watching:

== Office hours ==

To be more inclusive of all timezones and more mindful of people for
which English is not the primary language, the Technical Committee
dropped its dependency on weekly meetings. So that you can still get
hold of TC members on IRC, we instituted a series of office hours on
#openstack-tc:

* 09:00 UTC on Tuesdays
* 01:00 UTC on Wednesdays
* 15:00 UTC on Thursdays

For the coming week, I expect the main topic of discussion to be Summit
preparations !

and little activity expected (as stated) between now and the end of the
Sydney OpenStack summit.

The TC does meet amongst themselves (before and tailing) at the summit and
will be very busy in many more meetings/talks throughout the week.

Holler if you need more info.

-dave

[1] emails go out to openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org with [TC] in the
subject line (which I think is Technical Committee, not Thierry Carrez but
I could be wrong.)

[2] They have an IRC channel that gets logged:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/
irc://chat.freenode.net/#openstack-tc

The topic of this channel is full of useful nuggets:
OpenStack Technical Committee office hours: Tuesdays at 09:00 UTC,
Wednesdays at 01:00 UTC, and Thursdays at 15:00 UTC |
https://governance.openstack.org/tc/ | channel logs
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/

[3] Governance:  https://governance.openstack.org/tc