[Openstack-operators] [cinder] Cant create Volume from Image, says checksums dont match

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Oct 20 12:57:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 06:55:38PM -0700, Christopher Hull wrote:
> The qcow2 checksums are correct.  They run via nova.
>
> I seem to recall that the cinder checksum calculation when reading in an
> image is faulty.  I'm simply going to remove the offending code.
> -Chris

I have not heard this before. If you remove that check and verify everything is
working without it, it would be useful to post those results here.

I didn't see an open bug for this. If you could file a bug and include any log
files and details, that would be appreciated:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder

Sean